Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Acadia Day 11

The kiddies enjoyed their "Bar Harbor Day"...  A day we spend almost entirely in town, ending with lobster and ice cream.

We started off walking the Great Meadow Loop, which you can walk from the town of Bar Harbor right into Acadia National Park.

We then explored the Shore Path at low tide.

On to Lobster! Owen ate (almost) an entire lobster himself this year.

The kiddies got to touch some live lobsters, too. Eliza wanted none of it, but Charlotte held every one, even a huge 4-pound one!

And Owen gave some lobster ice cream a try! (For the record, he ate the whole thing but said he wouldn't order it again.)

3 comments:

Oma and Opa said...

I think I'd draw the line at lobster ice cream. Wish I were there too!

PopPop said...

Like I said ... someone come up with the idea of butter flavored jimmies and sprinkle them on the lobster ice cream .... I think I would give that i try!!!
Exploring tidal pools is always a fun activity!

KM said...

Lobster ice cream...not sure I'd try it either! Glad you're having such a great time. What amazing memories you guys are making.